Monday, July 18, 2011

Fourteen Weeks

We're officially at Fourteen weeks today...which means...SECOND Trimester!! Here's a belly shot/self portrait. I know I haven't posted in a while, etc. but I really forgot how exhausted pregnancy makes me. It's all I could do to get out of bed, put in eight hours at work, and then hand the kids donuts and easy mac while rotting their brains on a random cartoon (insert awesome parenting award here). Finally, I'm starting to get a little more active (by this I mean that I'm not lying comatose on the couch...), knitting & reading a bit here and there, and planning for the birth. I'm sure you'll get a dose of the plans here as we think through them. We are going to attempt to find out the sex provided this little bean cooperates and we're completely unsure of names (although I have a solid contender if we find out we're having a boy this time around).

We have had a bit of tragedy these past few weeks regarding our pets. As a few of you know, our cats tested positive for Feline Leukemia. This meant that we had to make the hard decision regarding our kitties, and they are now no longer suffering (some of them had become quite sick very quickly) or spreading the virus. I still have two that I was not able to catch before vacation that need to go in and I am dreading it as much as I was the first time around, especially since one of them is our favorite. We also lost Dr. Bombay this past week. He was 10 1/2 yrs old (an average life span for a pug) and his snoring and snorts and pugg-y wiggles are missed. He has been sleeping most of the time for a while now, so it wasn't completely unexpected, but still...it wasn't a good week for the Tipton pets. Currently, we're down to three, and at the end of the week, we'll just have Gideon (sweet, brain-damaged, unable to handle noise Gids....). We're going to try and wait a while before we dive into pets again, but I doubt it will be too long before we have another kitty randomly show up on the back doorstep or a snorting creature of some sort added to our family.
So, until next time <3....

No comments:

Post a Comment