Friday, August 19, 2011

First Day Of School

Our Oldest started school yesterday.
As you can see, it was a bright and shiny day and she was full of excitement.

She still hasn't quite gotten the hang of 'real' smiling for pictures, but that's okay....Mama tends to still do cheesy grins too....

Logan walked her to school. He was both excited for her and I like that they had a few minutes to talk before she entered what seems to me is 'the big world'.
(And yes, she picked out the Batman backpack all by herself.)

Many of you know that we've talked about homeschooling a couple of times. Today was one of those days that I was rethinking the decision to not push for it so hard. I want our Ahnna to have a good academic experience, but I worry. Kids can be cruel. And then I remember that kids can also be awfully darn nice. We live in the small town that I grew up in and those awfully darn nice kids are now grown ups, and many still live here too (and have children Ahnna's age...).
I like that Ahnna is going to the same elementary that I went to.
I like Ahnna's teachers.
Deep breaths...she's going to be fine....
and so am I (and daddy...).
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment